Friday, July 10, 2009

Fiddle Camp



Here I am at fiddle camp in the beautiful cross timbers of Texas. This is not a bad view to wake up to in the morning.The views remind me of the Texas artist Frank Reaugh. It was as cool at 71 'F at 6:45 AM on monday, and got hotter from that point on. And guess what, there is no pie at fiddle camp, not the kind I am used to, anyway.



The moon was still up. It was really pleasant.






Here is one of the quaint buildings at Cisco Junior college where the Elmore Fiddle Camp is held every summer for the past 10 years.





It's nice to get some exercise including hills in the morning before a day of music.













I had a great time with my son at Elmore Fiddle Camp. Every night there is a concert, and instructors and others play for the student "campers." Randy Elmore , Wes Westmoreland , and a student are shown above in a youtube link, and if you visit that link you can enjoy their version of Black and White Rag.
Below Randy, Wes and Rich O'Brien play in that brief video.












And Dick Gimble on bass playing Thelonius Monk with instructor Danny Levin on piano.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

My Blog List