Thursday, March 5, 2009

Chocolate Pie with Cinnamon Meringue


My son and I baked this Chocolate Pie with cinnamon meringue the other day. The recipe is from Pie: 300 Tried-and-True Recipes for Delicious Homemade Pie by Ken Haedrich. Here is a photo without any food styling. We had a great time and the pie was good. "Pie" is my favorite cookbook at the moment. Every recipe from that book has turned out well, and none are very difficult. And the book is very funny.
My pecan pie is healthier than the regular one, and goes like this: 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1 cup sugar, 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 tsp vanilla,1 Tbsp Kahlua, 1 C real maple syrup, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 and 1/4 C pecans, and your favorite uncooked 9 inch pie crust, homemade or not. Bake 15 minutes at 400'F, then 40 minutes at 350 'F. Let me know how you like it. I will not post a phote here because it's impossible to cut it neatly. Next time, a chess pie modification.

1 comment:

  1. I love pie! And this first post is great. I agree that this is a fantastic cookbook.
    Would love to see a photo of these pie makers and learn more about kids that love to cook. Thanks for starting this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

My Blog List